healthy living banner

.

Monday 10 March 2014

How to Heal a Cold Sore Quickly

Abstract: A number of home remedies to get rid of cold sores using household herbs.
"Applying ice as soon as you feel that first tingle or itch will greatly reduce or delay the cold sore."
Detail: Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. The first infection may have the symptoms of swollen glands, a general feeling of being unwell and painful mouth ulcers.
Subsequent attacks occur mostly when the person is run down and they start with a tingling and itch on an area around the lips and nostrils, then tiny blisters appear. These blister break and weep. They then crust over and gradually disappear. Scratching will spread the virus and it can lead to a bacterial infection. The virus lives permanently in the nerve endings of many adults and children.Cold sores or Lip Herpes are contagious and care should be taken not to spread them to other parts of the body or to other people.
There are several cold sores home remedies that are known to be effective. Individuals who are prone to having cold sores should benefit from these natural cures. Treating cold sores should be taken seriously because they can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort.
The following may activate the virus:
Poor diet (even if only in the short term), dietary triggers such as chocolate and peanuts, mental or physical stress and fatigue, rubbing or chafing of the skin, illness, menstruation, depleted immunity or being 'run down'.
What you can do to treat cold sores
Knowing how to heal a cold sore quickly could be critically important if you have an important event in the near future.
There is no good time to have a cold sore. But why do cold sores always seem to happen at the very worst possible time?
Most often, cold sores occur because of physical or mental stress. Anxiety about an upcoming wedding, job interview, or other special event in your life will create stress. This stress will affect your pH balance, your hormones, and your immune system. Quite often illnesses such as cold and flu will also trigger a cold sore.
The herpes virus has an early warning system because it lives in your nerve cells. It can sense the slightest change in your temperature, stress levels, immune strength, and pH balance. When the conditions are favorable, the virus will head to the surface along your nerve fibers. Once at the surface, it will create new virus through its replication procedure thus producing the cold sore blister.
Your body knows how to heal a cold sore and will do so without any additional help or expensive cold sore treatment. Provided you do not get a secondary bacterial infection, the duration of your cold sore could be three to four weeks. If you are like me, you do not want to suffer that long. The quicker you heal your cold sore, the sooner you can get on with your life.
The cold sore virus needs three things to successfully replicate.
1. The virus needs plenty of arginine in the cell.
Arginine is a protein that is a critical building block for creating new herpes viruses. Lysine, another protein, has proven helpful in healing and preventing cold sores. Lysine does this by replacing some of the arginine in the cells, thus reducing or preventing the cells ability to create clones of the virus.
Basically, if the herpes virus gets to the surface and cannot find enough arginine in the cells, it often retreats. Many folks eat high lysine foods prior to or during a cold sore event, and avoid high arginine foods. For many folks, healing cold sores fast has been as simple as taking 1,000 milligrams to 3,000 milligrams of lysine in capsule supplements during an outbreak.
High lysine foods to eat are most meats and dairy products. Cheese, milk and yogurt are excellent. High arginine foods to avoid would be nuts, seeds, grains, and chocolate. You need to find your own personal balance here for healing cold sores.
2. The cold sore virus also needs a warm, moist environment.
Applying ice as soon as you feel that first tingle or itch will greatly reduce or delay the cold sore. Delaying the cold sore just a few days can get you through that important event. Any cold object will do - such as a can of Coke. The quicker, the better.
3. The herpes virus prefers an acid environment.
When in tip-top health, your pH balance should be around 7.4, which is slightly alkaline. When it drops below 7 on the pH scale, then your system is turning acid. Any stress, flu, colds, or too much sun will cause your body to move toward the acid side of normal. Avoid eating acid foods, such as tomatoes, citrus, carbonated soda or anything with vinegar if it will touch the cold sore area. You want nothing acid around that sore. Following this rule alone for healing a cold sore, along with continual cleaning of the wound with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, could cut your cold sore healing duration by 50%.
When treating cold sores it is important to boost the immune system - thus assisting the body to combat the virus.
  • Cleanse your body of toxins so that the immune system is able to function at its best.
  • Make sure that you eat a diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts and kohlrabi, garlic and onion, chili, ginger, sprouted seeds and beans and use cold pressed seed and vegetable oils. These all assist the immune system.
  • Have plenty of garlic or use a garlic supplement or other natural antibiotic such as olive leaf extract or grapefruit seed extract.
  • Take vitamin C (specifically calcium ascorbate - this is a non-acidifying vitamin C).
  • Take a good multivitamin and mineral supplement.
  • Manage your stress levels. Progressive relaxation and creative visualisation will be of assistance with stress anxiety or depression. There are also many herbal remedies that you can use to deal with stress.
  • Direct application of lemon balm or extract is also one of the cold sores home remedies. Lemon balm or extract is effective in reducing the symptoms associated with these. Furthermore, lemon extract has properties that are known to help increase the healing process of blistered skin.
  • Salt can also relieve and treat cold sores. Using your slightly moistened index finger, apply common fine salt directly on the cold sores by gently pressing on them for about 30 seconds. Pressing the fine salt on the affected area can help you treat the blisters more effectively. To achieve faster relief, follow up this procedure with application of aloe vera or any topical oil directly over the area.
  • One of the commonly used cold sores home remedies is ice. Application is simple. Apply ice along the affected area. Treat them by slowly rubbing the ice for a few minutes to the infected area of the skin. Repeat application every hour.
The following herbs will support your immune system and should be taken in conjunction with the recommendations above:
echibacea, golden seal, cleavers, plantain, bayberry, burdock, huang qi, nettle, wormwood, calendula, myrrh, poke root, dandelion root, licorice
The following herbal formula will be most useful:
  • 2 parts cleavers
  • 2 parts echinacea
  • 1 part oats
  • 1 part poke root
Combine all the ingredients. Take 1 teaspoon of the herb blend and place into a suitable sized saucepan and add one cup of boiling water. Allow this to stand for 10-15 minutes. Strain out the herbs. Drink 1 cup of this tea twice per day.
The following can also be applied externally:
A lotion of echinacea with or without myrrh.
You can also try melissa oil, lavender oil, calendula tincture, myrrh tincture, and golden seal tincture.
Another choice for cold sores home remedies are tea bags. Simply apply the tea bag on blistered skin within several minutes. Repeat after one hour. Doing this on an hourly basis maximizes its effect. Modify this method by gently pressing the warm bag over the affected area or blisters for about half an hour.
Cold sores are an infection of the herpes simplex virus. They are an indication that the immune system is not functioning as effectively as it could. These are many things that you can do to deal with cold sores but the most important are to cleanse the body of toxins and boost immunity.

6 comments:

  1. I want to testify of how i got cured from Herpes with the use of herbs. I got diagnosed of Herpes in 2018 I have visited several hospitals but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end but i keep believing there is cure. I saw a post in a health forum from miss cherlyn solie on how she was cured from herpes with the use of Dr ekpen herbs and she also wrote Dr ekpen cure all kind of deadly diseases including Herpes, HIV, ALS, HPV, HSV1&2, MND, Epilepsy, Leukemia, Asthma, Cancer, Diabetes. At first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try and i contacted this herbal Doctor on email she provided on the comment and explain my problem to him and he told me that he is going to prepare a herbal medicine for me which he did and he sent it to me through UPS service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, after taken the medicine as instructed, i went for check up and the result shows negative and i was cured from herpes in a week, I am now free from Herpes. You can contact Dr ekpen on his email: DR.ekpen001@gmail.com or you can call and Whatsapp him on +2348169824538

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got help for my herpes from DR okosun a herbal doctor from Africa, I wanted this cure since a year and 3 months, i was taken treatment from some doctor, few Months back i came on the net to see if i will be able to get any information for a permanent cure, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr okosun and without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drokosun55@gmail.com , i wrote him and and he guided me, i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed in 4 weeks and few days after i started using the medicine, i was completely cured from herpes as it worked for me. You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your herpes or any other diseases if you are seeking for a permanent cure for it, contact his Email; drokosun55@gmail.com or his cell phone contact, Call / Whats-app +2348124363791

      visit his website https://drokosun55.weebly.com

      Delete
    2. Just wanna say a big thank you patrice cythia for introducing me to Dr Idedia the great HERBALIST that helped me prepare home remedies that cured my herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2)
      I was infected with herpes for the past two years and i was not happy all day so i was desperate to get a cure so that i can live normal and get healthy.One day i was less busy so i decided to make latest research on herpes  cure  and i found a site were everyone was talking about Dr Idedia and has ability to cure Herpes, HIV, HPV, Cancer, ALS, COPD, Anthrax, genital wart, cold sore, Arthritis skin tag and all manners of diseases and virus.So i discussed with cythia and she explained to me that its very easy working with Dr Idedia  so i contacted Dr Idedia via email  dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com and he helped me just as he has helped others now I am  now cured from herpes am very happy now.and i can also assure you that he can also help you. so if you need the service of DR Idedia kindly contact him dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296.
      visit his websites  https://dr-idedia-traditional-healing-home9.webnode.com/ Or https://sites.google.com/view/dridediatraditionalhealinghome/ Or https://dr-idedia-traditional-healing-home.business.site/ 


      Delete
  2. I’m here to testify about what Dr Anderson did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Godwin on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr Anderson prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr Anderson assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr. Anderson for help via simonanderson212@gmail.com or whatsapp. +2348108056289

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having herpes Disease is not the end of life,there are treatment to cure herpes disease with the help of Dr Godwin herbal medicine. I have been suffering from this deadly disease called herpes disease (HSV) and i lost hope because I was not myself anymore it was not easy working with herpes disease, i searched online to know and enquirer about cure for herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from herpes, I don't believe it's true, but I decided to give a try to know if it will really work out for me so i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready for me and he sent it to me via FedEx and it got to me in 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) after using the medication for few weeks I started experiencing change inside my body, could you believe as I finish the medication I was totally healed It's really like a dream but i am so happy!that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! You can contact him via drgodwin52@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348158184060

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.samuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr.Samuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: drsamuel999@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348166600171.

    ReplyDelete